CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Week in 3 Words

Alright, so I can't take complete credit for this idea.  Have you ever seen the segments on Good Morning America's Weekend Edition called, "Week in 3 Words?"  They're amazing.  Completely inspiring.  There are several examples on  youtube (it may be my secret pasttime..) to preview!  At any rate, we took this idea into the classroom and my fifth graders ran with it! 



As you can see, some students talked about what we learned in class while others talked about what they were going to do this weekend.  They are starting to get more and more creative with the way they display their words.  I find them now approaching me throughout the week saying, "I already know what my 3 words are going to be!"

-Kristen

4 comments:

  1. This is how we're doing our end-of-the-year reflections in first grade this year! We are actually starting our brainstorming sessions this Thursday! I can't wait to see what the kids' most memorable parts of the year were!!

    ~Laura
    www.firstgradeFUNdamentals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are awesome!! I can't wait to try this! Why don't you come down and be my camera woman?? :)

    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. My three words... Learning is fun! You are fabulous and this is going to make them lifelong learners. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete